Monday, March 13, 2017


 I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE! 

My grandson, Hudson, was born deaf. We have all learned from him about God’s faithfulness. I wanted to share the testimony my daughter, Dana, shared with her MOPS group this morning. We all need to look beyond our present circumstances and see that God continues to bless us in ways that aren’t always obvious.  

I pray you will be blessed by her words like I was. 

In Christ alone I stand,  Angela 

Dana’s testimony: 

A couple of weeks ago we were blessed with a teaser spring day, so my husband and I decided to take our son out for a little walk on a nature trail in town.   It was also just a few days post him getting his cochlear processors on and we wanted to let him just explore things at his speed, without his sisters in his wake.   

We could barely unharness him from his carseat quick enough.  As soon as his feet landed on the ground, he ran full force.  Barely taking time to rub off his hands when his feet couldn’t keep up.  He was bound for exploration. 

Suddenly he FROZE.   

His chin shot up to the sky.  He cupped his hand around his mouth and my 20 month old gasped.  Literally gasped!  His eyes so glued to the sky that it was as if the whole world stopped. 

You see at 20 months old, he was hearing the jets for the first time.  He was hearing his first loud, thunderous sound echo across the sky.  Of the hundreds of times we have heard that or ignored it since his birth, today it was new to him and he seemed to bathe in its wonder.  

I couldn’t help but revel in it myself. 

Every morning when I wake up my kids are instantly chattering, the dog is whining, the alarm is beeping and I just want to throw the covers over my head and hide for just a bit longer.  I moan and groan to the coffee pot, whining because of all the noise. 

When my son wakes up he is completely deaf!  Every day I go to get him, sign to him good morning and kiss his cheek.  He is totally content, but I can tell that by now he is waiting for something…a new routine in our day.  I quickly attach his new “ears”….within minutes he is instantly turned on to the world around him.  He smiles from ear to ear and CLAPS! 

Then why am I still moaning? 

God is using my son to teach me a good lesson.  To stop taking the wonder of this world for granted.  To soak in the beauty, the chaos, the noise…all of it.  To him sound is a miracle, a path of exploration.  When I see him laugh and clap and dance to sounds for the first time I cannot help but feel like his euphoria is contagious.   

See I think at even such a young age, he gets it.  When his cochlears are off prepping for nap/bed time, bath time, pool time, beach time and even when going down slides it is like the world is silenced.  Birds fly, but don’t sing.  Waves crash, but don’t roar.  Lips move, but nothing comes out.  We still talk in other ways, but it is completely silent.  So, I think when he gets his ears on every time it feels new.  I imagine it will his whole life.  I wonder if even as an adult he will revel in his baby cries, his wife’s laugh, or the jet noise even just a little more than the rest of us.   

I pray that I live like each day and sound is a gift.  That when the jets fly overhead I pause, look up and thank God! 

“I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.”  Psalm 139:14









     

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Hudson teaches all of us a lesson as we who always hear take our ears for granted. Oh Lord, keep the child within us to always be in awe of our daily "gifts" You so graciously provide us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you precious friend! Every day we are presented with choices and how we will respond to them. Hudson has changed how I hear the world. Love you! Hugs and prayers!

      Delete
  2. I've always loved this scripture verse. Now I love it even more. Now I see it with new eyes, I hear it with new ears. Thank you Hudson and Dana for blessing us with this lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We take so much for granted. God has blessed me with many people in my life who have shown me Gid's faithfulness in all arenas of life. Hudson makes me marvel at his joy in silence and joy in hearing things we take for granted. God is so good! Love you!

      Delete
  3. Dear Angela, I was certainly blessed as you, by your sweet daughter, Dana's beautiful testimony of her precious Hudson. I was bought to tears! I praise and thank our Heavenly Father for every precious gift He bestows upon us and yes, sometimes we do take for granted! God bless you all and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a post. You blessed me with your comment! May God bless you always!!!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this inspirational piece. A gentle reminder that some of the best things in life we often take for granted. His works are indeed marvelous! I am truly inspired by your daughter's testimony and I pray that the good Lord will continue to glorify his name through your grandson. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you! We are living in God's grace and mercy. Thank you for blessing me with your comment❤️🙏🏻

      Delete
  5. Angela, thank you for sharing this, it makes you stop and think. I shared it on my blog, theemmauswalkhome.blogspot.com and christianwriters.com. Thank you so much for your work in Him.

    ReplyDelete