Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Summer Blessings


Summer. Beach. Pool. Children and grandchildren. Well, I’m living in the fullness of who I am, a Nana! What a joy to have all nine grandchildren and three daughters filling the house with laughter, sharing, and reminiscing. The fellowship was like a sweet aroma. Our summer reunion  is a sweet remembrance of the love we share for one another and others. Our children are indeed a heritage from the Lord.

The Bible teaches that family is very important. We see very early in the Bible that family members are to care for and look after one another. In today’s society where families are more transient and independent, we’ve had to get more creative to remain close and create the large family unit most of us crave.  

Living long distances from one another, our family has had to lean into our spiritual family, the Church, to minister to us. We’ve also realized that family comes in many different forms, neighbors, friends, and cohorts. Our family may not get to see one other as much as we’d like, but we have still managed to have many family members surrounding us with support and love.

I am very honored that my family loves God. It’s like power unleashed. When we gather together, I sit amazed listening to the ways our family is reaching out to others. More importantly, I hear how others are reciprocating in kind to them, offering love and encouragement when they are discouraged or need a listening ear. These are precious words to a mom who can’t always be there. I know the family they are building love them, too. 

Jesus said, “A new command I give you. Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35)  

Thank You, God, for family. Thank You for every blessing and every trial. Thank You for the strength and courage to face every day in prayer and the conviction to live each day in service and love to You. Thank You, Father, for each family member who make my life more meaningful, and reach out beyond their core unit to love others. In all things, in prayer and supplication, I praise Your holy name for the family You have so graciously given to me.

As you think about your summer and family, find ways to celebrate each other and the people that God has brought into our lives.

God bless you,
Angela 

P.S. Missing all the husbands who are not in this picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment