Friday, May 12, 2017

Faith Meets at the Cross


Dreams kept piercing my sleep. Overlaying images caused intense restlessness until one night I finally got up, grabbed paper and a pen, and began to draw. This is not the first time this has happened. Draw? Really? I kept telling Christ, “I’m not a sketcher.” Still, I felt the deep desire to draw what I kept seeing in my dreams, images and words.

As you can see, I kept it very elemental. I have prayed over this image for weeks. I kept wondering if there was more to it than the simple words that I saw. But there’s not. It’s simple. Faith meets at the cross. That’s where we find our Shepherd, Redeemer, and the powerful blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for us. It’s all wrapped up here.

Shepherd. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.” John 10:11

Redeemer. “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine.” Isaiah 43:1

Blood and power of Jesus. By faith you see His face, His torment, His love poured out on the cross. For all suffering, God has a plan. At the cross, we are humbled to see the glorious exhibition of God’s love – one we cannot fully comprehend in our human state. But we are told it’s Jesus’ blood that offers mankind redemption and freedom from the bondage of sin.

“Now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been made near by the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:13

“In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.” Ephesians 1:7

At the Last Supper, Christ explained to His diciples, “For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” Matthew 26:28

Songs upon songs have cried out the blessings in the power of Christ’s blood.

“What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh! Precious is the flow that makes me white as snow; no other font I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus!”

The Good Shepherd shed His blood for us. He was the last sacrifice and we can trust the righteousness of Christ. Every day I ponder Christ’s sacrifice. I want to honor Christ by remembering and living my life to glorify Him. I’ve been rescued out of a sinful life. 1 Peter 1:18-19 states, “You were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.”

Thank you, Father.

I also know Christ, the Good Shepherd, is still working on me, leading me, and protecting me. Because of His death, I am redeemed. The power of Jesus’ blood offers me salvation for my soul, forgiveness for my sins, access to God and victory over Satan. Praise God.

Remembering is important. It keeps your mind focused and your heart engaged to do the good works Christ has prepared in advance. Remembering keeps us headed in the right direction. When we are Christ focused, our burdens are light and our joy is abundant. Even in hard times we still sing a song of victory because of Jesus’ sacrifice. This is when remembering is even more crucial.

Praise be to God, our Shepherd, Redeemer, and Deliverer, Jesus Christ!

Take a moment today to reflect on all that Christ has done for you. Never forget His sacrifice to give you a life of purpose and commitment to Him.

God bless you,

Angela








2 comments:

  1. SO powerful! God is using you as His Vessel to guide us to eternity with Him. I am blessed knowing you! Thank you for helping me in my walk. Your drawing is not only beautiful but speaks to my heart of God's incredible love not only for me, but all! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm overwhelmed when God uses me to reveal His words. I often feel so unworthy, but God doesn't the extraordinary; He uses the ordinary who love Him. That would be me!!! Loving Christ and searching for Him like a child. You have blessed me!! Love you! Angela

      Delete