Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pray In Secret

“But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” Matthew 6:6

When I started my prayer room, I wanted it to reflect my existing prayer life. Colors of God’s glorious creation. Pictures of the family. Snippets of favorite quotes. Art that inspires and motivates me. I want to feel God’s presence when I walk into the room. And I do.

The closet feels different now. It no longer is a place for my clothes and shoes. Now it contains the essence of who I am in Christ. When I go inside, even if it’s to hang up freshly laundered clothes, I stop. It’s impossible not to. And I pray more.

It’s in the early hours of morning when I usually sit in my prayer room that I lift up prayers for all those on my list who need Jesus. It might be for a healing. Fresh words of encouragement. A means to move forward. Comfort from loss. Peace for a troubled mind. Self-control for those out of control. Mercy for those who don’t think they need it. Prayers for a wayward son or daughter. Prayers for those who don’t know what to pray for. Each day I sit with those written down needs, giving them to the only provider, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Every day I do the only thing I know to do. PRAY.



You may not want or need a prayer closet, but find a place out of distractions to pray and close the door to that secret place.

The key is to set up a time and place to pray. Then prayer will become as determined as eating or having that first cup of coffee.

God bless you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment