Thursday, May 14, 2015

Abundant Strawberries


 
Strawberries are in! I couldn’t help myself; I had to post my two new strawberry cake recipes that are scrumptious!!! They are very similar, but different enough to try both. The second cake recipe is the one I took to the May Pamlico Emmaus Gathering.
Dummy me forgot to take a picture of my own cake; so, I had to use the one off the website where I got the recipe. God bless you! Enjoy!

Strawberry Cake

1 Box White Cake Mix
1  3 oz. box strawberry jello mix

4 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

¼ cup water

Mix the above ingredients well.

Puree 1 pint strawberries and add to mixture.

Bake in 9” X 13” glass cake pan at 350 degrees for ~30-33 minutes.

ICING:

4 oz. cream cheese, softened

1/3 cup butter, softened

2 cups powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 Tablespoon milk

Mix icing ingredients. Frost cake and garnish with strawberries.

 

Strawberry Sheet Cake

Cake:

2 cups self-rising flour

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

1 cup canola oil

1 cup buttermilk

¼ cup mashed, sweetened strawberries

1 small box dry strawberry jello

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 9”X13” pan. Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

ICING

½ stick margarine, softened

3-4 cups powdered confectionary sugar

¼ cup mashed sweetened strawberries

Mix ingredients until smooth. Store in refrigerator until ready to frost cake.

Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my this sounds amazing! Making me hungry and ready to go strawberry to make this, homemade jam and a million other sinful concoctions! That is, if the strawberries even make it home- I'm a sucker for them fresh off the vine. ;) -Dana (not sure why logged on as the hubby)

    ReplyDelete