Monday, April 20, 2015

Here's my family!




Wife, Mom, and Nana:

            Well, here’s the clan. All precious 16 ½ of us. Yes, ½! Dana is due July 7th, which happens to be my father-in-law’s birthday. Dallas, my husband, and I feel overwhelmed with blessings when we see all of us gathered together. Outside our faith, we are devoted to these precious ones.

            I wanted you to see my family. There is no doubt I will be talking about each and every one of them over time. To ease my daughter’s minds, there will be no son-in-law jokes. On occasion, you’ll hear tales of our grandchildren’s antics and the “truth” that often erupts from their mouths. It is startling and honest. Sometimes it causes pause, other times it causes bright, red cheeks. You grandparents will know exactly what I mean.

            Part of our family is also a Boston terrier. She is almost 4 years old, and we are crazy about her. She is equally devoted to us and to all the grandchildren. She thinks everyone belongs to her.
            Okay . . . let me introduce my family. You’ll have to guess who’s who in the picture.

            Dallas, my sweetheart.

            My oldest daughter, Tia, and her husband, Ed. Their girls are Jackie, Reagan, and Maddie.

            My middle daughter, Tara, and her husband, Brian. Their girls are Dani, Grace, and Allyson.

            My youngest daughter, Dana, and her husband, Keith. Their daughters are Samantha and Sydney. In July, we’ll welcome our first grandson, Hudson Edward.

            If you read my bio, you saw that Dallas and I met as teenagers. We were baptized together at sixteen in a pond outside Williamston, NC. We married early and put one another through school. When we look at this picture of our family, our knees almost buckle. God has been so good to us.

            We also have a beautiful family beyond our nuclear one. God is at the center of our lives. We trust Him and purpose to follow Him daily. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will join me often to hear about my family, faith, and writing.

            I also love to cook. So I’ll share recipes. I read a lot and will share books with you. I write bible studies for a group of women that have become my family. Sharing our times together will probably wind up in a blog post, too.

            Share something with me about you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment