Friday, July 13, 2018

Victory in Scriptures





I spent many years living without Jesus, unable to understand some of the things that happened to me. Once Jesus came into my life, I still did not understand, but I trusted He did and everything that happened was under His authority. I quit asking “Why?”. 

When We Ask Why
God’s beautiful plan
Is sometimes concealed,
But someday His purpose
Will be fully revealed.
Someday God’s wisdom
Will make it clear and plain
Why problems were permitted
And how He uses pain.
We’ll see the Lord’s purpose
From Heaven’s point of view,
And we will understand
In ways we never knew.
Till we are home with God
Some answers have to wait.
“Lord, we’ll trust and obey –
Lord, help us walk by faith.
~ Perry Tanksley

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

As a newbie-Christian, I entered faith embracing the whole idea of a loving Father, but I didn’t fully understand the concept of giving it all to Jesus. Why would God want to take on common problems and angst? So when the world caved in, which it seemed to do often, I would go into a whirlwind, felling overwhelmed and underqualified. Praise God I found Philippians 4:6-7.

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which passes understanding, will guard your heart and mind.”

I began to talk to God about my life, everything. At first it was like meeting a new friend and not being sure how much information to divulge. After a few days, I laid every anxious thought, heartache, fear, uncertainty and brokenness at His feet. I gave it all to Him. The aftermath was peace that seeped in slow and easy, a transfusion of healing and strength.

A few years ago, I was at an Emmaus Walk and during a prayer session, one of the attendees who was cripple slipped out of her wheelchair and began crawling toward a large, rugged cross on the other side of the room. As she got closer she stretched out her hand to touch it. That visual changed my life.

“Cast your burdens upon the Lord, and He will sustain you.” ~Psalm 55:22


For many years I have leaned on the Word of God to help me navigate life. I have had to purpose myself to do it. It does not come naturally. Seeking the Father early in the morning and sitting with Him in the silence centers me for my day ahead. During my worship time, God often lays many things on my heart – people who need encouragement or a fresh word from the Father. Before I end this precious time, I write in my journal. It’s a time for me to remember all God has done for me, my family, and the world around me. I understand why God asked the Israelites to gather “remembering” stones. It’s important for us to remember God’s goodness and provisions because in the hard times it’s easy to forget. Satan will be only too thrilled to remind us we are a failure, unworthy, unwanted, and unloved, especially by God.

And those twelve stones, which they took out of the Jordon, Joshua set up at Gilgal. And he said to the people of Israel, “When your children ask their fathers in times to come, ‘What do these stones mean?’ then you shall let your children know, ‘Israel passed over this Jordon on dry ground.’ For the Lord your God dried up the waters of the Jordon for you until you passed over, as the Lord you God did to the Red Sea, which he dried up for us until we passed over, so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the hand of the Lord is mighty, that you may fear (be in awe) the Lord you God forever.” ~Joshua 4:20-24

God wants us to know all about Him. He loves us with a love that is too great for our human mind to grasp. 

“God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world: I love you”.  ~ Billy Graham

“I will not forget you! See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.”  ~Isaiah 49:16

“I will never leave you nor forsake you.” ~Hebrews 13:5b

God created you. (Genesis 2:7)

God created you in His image. (Genesis 1:27)

God knitted you together in your mother’s womb. (Psalm 139:3)

God numbered the hairs on your head. (Matthew 10:30)

God says you were fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)

God says you are more valuable than a sparrow. (Matthew 10:30)

God gave His only Son so that you could have life. (John 3:16)

God says you are His heir. (1John 3:2)

God says you belong to Him. (John 14:18)

God loves you as a perfect Father. (1John 3:1)


God has forgiven your sins. (1John 1:9)

God says no one can snatch you out of His hand. (John 10:29)

Walk as children of the light. (Ephesians 5:8) Let others see that light and share Jesus with them. You have a glorious future. (1 John 3:2) You are a citizen of heaven. (Philippians 3:20) God loves you. This knowledge has saved my eternal life.

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
my God, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
and under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.”
 ~Psalm 9:1-4

Love God with all your heart. Lean into Him and live a life of peace, joy, and contentment. God bless you always,
Angela






4 comments:

  1. Lean on God and love Him with all your heart. Amen. Great message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry for my delay in thanking you for coming to the blog and sharing. I didn't realize I was having trouble getting messages. Just had the blog tweaked. I look forward to hearing from you again. God bless you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Angela, for opening your heart to your readers. Everything you shared gives me & others more & more hope & assures us of His Love! You are His angel, as well as mine! Much love always from my heart to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words! God is so good to me through all the valleys I've been through. Thank you also for letting me know that there was a problem posting a comment. I have it fixed; so, please continue to leave your sweet comments.

      Delete