Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Victory in Music/Songs



“Thou hast created us for Thyself and we are restless until we rest fully in Thee.”
~St. Augustine

I want to share some music/songs that have regenerated a depleted heart and infused sweet joy in my life when I felt the world was crumbling. Praise and worship music are key to a healthy lifestyle following Jesus.
I pray you enjoy some of these songs. Blessings, Angela



“Reckless Love” by Cory Asbury
Before I spoke a word, You were singing over me. You have been so, so good to me.
Before I took a breath, You breathed Your life in me. You have been so, so kind to me.
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God.
Oh, it chases me down, fights ‘till I’m found, leaves the ninety-nine.
I couldn’t earn it, and I don’t deserve it, still. You give Yourself away.
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God.


Jesus meets us when we present Him with our not enough. That line is all about me. Somewhere in my brokenness Jesus found me and managed to begin healing the fractures and fissures that bound me and refused to let me grow in my faith.  (unknown)

“God Is Enough” by Hillsong

Through every storm my soul will sing.
Jesus is here, to God be the glory.
Christ is enough for me.
Christ is enough for me.
Everything I need is in You.
Everything I need.



Psalm 15:4 and 15:5 “He who swears to his own hurt and does not change . . . He who does these things shall never be moved.”
Be moved by turning to Jesus. Confess. Ask for forgiveness. Trust. Believe.

“Trust in You” Lauren Daigle

“I confess, my hands are weary, I need Your rest.
Might Warrior, King of the fight,
No matter what I face You’re by my side.
When You don’t move the mountains, I’m needing You to move,
When You don’t part the waters, I wish I could walk through,
When You don’t give the answers, as I cry out to You,
I will trust, I will trust. I will trust You.


“Are you broken in your spirit?
Are you spiritually empty?
Have you been wasting your life?
What is your need? You need Christ!”
~Franklin Graham



“Love Is Here” Tenth Avenue North Lyrics

Come to the waters, you who thirst and you’ll thirst no more.
Come to the Father, you who work and you’ll work no more.
And all you who labor in vain, and to the broken and shamed,
Love is here. Love is now. Love is pouring from His hands,
From His brow. Streams of mercy flowing from His side
‘cause Love is here.
And to the bruised and fallen, captives bound and brokenhearted,
He is the Lord. He is the Lord.
By His stripes He’s paid our ransom.
From His wounds, we drink salvation.
He is Lord. He is Lord. Love is here.



God is listening. God is ready to go into battle for you. He is the Rescuer.

“Chain Breaker” Zach Williams

If you’ve been walking the same old road for miles and miles.
If you’ve been hearing the same old voice tell the same old lies.
If you’re trying to feel the same old holes inside,
There’s a better life.
If you’ve got pain, He’s the pain taker.
If you feel lost, He’s a way maker.
If you need freedom or saving, He’s a prison-shaking Savior.
If you’ve got chains, He’s a chain breaker.



“I am convinced that without a gut-level experience of our profound spiritual emptiness,
it is not possible to encounter the living God.”
― Brennan Manning, The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus

“Even If” MercyMe

It’s easy to sing when there’s nothing to bring me down,
but what will I say when I’m held to the flame, like I am right now.
I know You’re able, and I know You can save through the fire with Your mighty hand.
But even if You don’t, My hope is You alone.
You’ve been faithful. You’ve been good all of my days.
Jesus I will cling to You, come what may.
‘Cause I know You’re able. I know You can.
But even if You don’t, my hope is You alone.


Here are a few more to check out. Thank you for being part of my journey. 
God bless you, Angela


“I Just Need You” Toby Mac
“Life Me Up” The Afters
“Grace Got You” MercyMe
“Freedom Hymn” Austin French
“In Christ Alone” Stuart Townsend & Keith Getty
“Mighty to Save” Laura Story
“Soul On Fire” Third Day
“Once and for all” Lauren Daigle
“Arms of Love” Amy Grant















No comments:

Post a Comment