Monday, July 24, 2017

Prayer Circles


"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God.” Philippians 4:6

One of the best ways I know to remember how to commit things to God in prayer is by remembering three circles. One is the worry circle, in which I keep nothing. Second is the prayer circle, in which I keep everything. Third is the gratitude circle, in which I keep anything. So when I pray, I am anxious for nothing, prayerful for everything, and thankful for anything.

We feel foolish asking God to help us with some of the things in our lives. But remember: “In everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God” (Philippians 4:6). 

You just need to write out every one of your concerns before they turn into worries and commit them to God. He does care about each of them. If you take them back, just give them back to Him in prayer again. Day by day, as you get more and more practiced committing the affairs of your life to Him, you will begin to leave them with Him. Your trust in God will grow, and you will stop grabbing back what you have given Him.

(Dr. David Jeremiah, July 13 post from his devotional, Sanctuary 2002)

Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did. God bless you always,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment