Thursday, March 3, 2016

Disruptive Moments?!?!


Disruptive moments

I think we all have them. Most of us find them annoying. Nothing good can come from the disorder or turmoil of having a planned schedule foiled. Right? 

That was my thinking on day two after surgery; staring at my calendar, knowing all my good intentions and planning were for naught. I had not planned well. My calendar was packed – appointments, teaching schedules, meeting with friends, writing assignments, social media updates, keeping in touch with family, and doing all those mundane, everyday chores. 

Well, halfway through day two, and out of total desperation, I picked up my Bible. It fell open to Jeremiah 29, and my eyes automatically went to the highlighted verse 11.

 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”

I read and reread this many times, soaking in the words, marinating in the promises. Yes, I was going to be down for several days. My schedule would have to be erased and events penciled in for a later time. But what I realized was I had an opportunity to get re-centered. So while my body was healing from the surgery, I had the opportunity to create some precious moments with Jesus to refuel my soul. It was like an “aha” moment. That’s when I remembered Margaret Feinberg’s method of fighting back unsettling times with God’s light of joy.



Margaret is a wonderful teacher on recapturing God’s blessings when everything seems dark and out of control. You have to purpose yourself to poke holes in the dark and let in the light to fight back Satan’s darts of discontent, worry, and angst. It’s recovery time, not worry time. 

I’m on day nine. I’m still healing, physically and spiritually. It’s been a tremendous recovery on the spiritual realm. So here I am, praising God for disruptive moments, days, and more. I’ve enjoyed letting go and saturating in God’s love. What a wonderful, restorative choice to let God fill in all the desperate corners with Himself.  



Praying that you’ll sense God’s overflowing goodness toward you as you rest in His care.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment